No matter your spiritual or religious beliefs, creating full moon self-care rituals benefits the body, mind, and soul.
You have to admit a full moon is lovely. The moon embodies the cycle of life, abundance, and nature's power. The moon's gravity pulls the tides towards it. I feel this pull as well. Whatever your belief system, the time of a full moon, because of this symbolism and and regular occurrence makes it a great time to start and practice your own self-care and releasing rituals.
Release your fears, your worries, your pain either mentally or perform a ritual act of releasing.
Practicing a full moon ritual, particularly in the form of self-care and releasing negativeness, gives you back your power. It's a prayer of thanks to your body, your mind, and the love and support you have in your life. It's taking a moment to acknowledge the badass you are and reset.
I give you permission to reset as many times as you need.
Here are a few examples of full moon/self-care rituals:
* A bath. You can add Epsom salt to help relieve tension and it has the added benefit of purporting to remove negative energy from your body. Use this time to focus on yourself and your grooming. Use a face mask. Trim your nails and all those little things as needed. Indulge in moisturizing after your bath. I see you glowing over there.
* Smudging. Okay, if you're not familiar with it, it can across as woo-woo, but again, the act is about the symbolism. If you don't have sage on hand, you can use incense or spray lavender or another favorite essential oil around you.
* Clean your house, tidy your space. Because it makes you feel better and everyone deserves a clean home.
* Meditation and yoga. If you're new to this, just sit still for a few moments and focus on your breath. If your brain strays- which it will- bring it back to your breath. It's a practice and gives you the chance to be gentle with yourself. Know nothing about yoga? Stretch, go for a walk, dance. Simply enjoy being in your body. Your body is awesome.
* Go out into the moonlight, Human. Connect with the cosmos. Better yet, go barefoot, let the grass tickle your toes and get the benefits of grounding.